Sunday, January 22, 2006

stuffing

I don't let Lola play with stuffed animal toys because she has this way of finding it's weakest spot, gnawing on it til there's a hole, and pulling out all of it's stuffing. Of course this means as she chews she ultimately ends up swallowing it too...and I kind of think she means to eat it. Anyways, I hate that because it messes with her body, so I try to keep her from that stuff(ing).

I feel like one of those stuffed animals right about now. Someone found a hole and is working as hard as they can to pull out all of my stuffing. What they're realizing is that they've underestimated me from the start. I'm not made of pudding inside. I'm not that easy to tear apart. The fact that they question my life experience is proof enough that they don't know me or what makes me who I am. Simply put; that God is the center of my life; that I try to live as honestly as possible and learn from every situation; that I always strive to make decisions out of faith and hope...these are the reasons you're not going to pull me apart so easily. I know life is more than this and I choose to learn from it. I choose to show them, no matter what a surprise it may be to them, how strong I really am. And through it all, of course I'm praying. Of course I'm reading the bible and talking to people I trust. It's not easy and I know how those stuffed animals get thrown around, but... that's not me. I'm no stuffed animal. There's more to me than just some fluff inside. Thanks for that God. You're always good at reminding me who I am and who you made me to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home