Saturday, February 25, 2006

Lockets

I was looking through my newest ELLE magazine and was struck with a page that had a collage of lockets. All of a sudden I realized I have always loved lockets! I love all kinds of lockets. I love poison rings, pocket watches...all of the variations of lockets. Not only are there many unique styles, I love that it seems like you are opening a little presant every time. I especially love the antique lockets, but I just love anything unique and ornate.



When I was young my mom gave me an envelope locket that looked like this... I always loved the idea of opening it and out came a little letter that said "I love you."

When I graduated from high school I was given a gold heart locket with my initials on it.

So far I only have two lockets, but I would love to collect more. So here's the deal...if anyone wants to buy me something unique or special if they're traveling or if it's my birthday or a holiday, find a unique locket for me! There are so many styles and sizes. I love the idea of having an entire collection of lockets to wear or put on display throughout my room. OF course, since it was Elle magazine that made me think of this, lockets are in fashion! but that's okay with me. I subscribed to Elle, so obviously I'm not so anti-fashion!

My boyfriend Drew actually thinks I should be a fashion designer, but I need to learn that whole sewing thing and have money to buy the fabrics and things so... It'll remain in my dreams for now. Funny thing, I've always had a pull to the arts and design so, maybe some day I'll have a way to do it all!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the idea!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Nancy White said...

I love lockets, too. David gave me a gold heart locket when we were dating. I think lockets are so sweet. I like pocketwatches too...very cool.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home